Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How Do You Sweep?

I admit it, I'm beginning to become a "Sweeper". No, not someone who enjoys using a broom and dustpan. I have made it a hobby to enter sweepstakes and try my luck at instant win games (IWG).
Now, I actually started entering them last year  (2011) around April. I didn't have as much ambition to enter them consistently, and due to this I rarely won. This led me to disappointment and even longer periods of time without entering sweeps or playing IWG. Eventually I gave up entirely. Still I saw various people proudly proclaiming their wins and I decided to give it a second chance.
My first step was developing a spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel. Pictured below is the latest version of mine, that I'm going to take a few minutes to update later tonight.
My main organization method is to put them in order of their ending date. That way, as soon as one ends and I've entered it for the last time, it gets deleted and the entire list can be moved up a spot. In the second column I list what type it is, if it's just a Sweepstakes where I continue to enter the entire length without knowing if I've won, or if it's an IWG where I'll know immediately if I've won and can therefore delete it if you can only win once during the promotional period. Third column is the brand name or name of the site of the particular Sweeps/IWG. This is just used as a bit of a reminder. Next comes the URL, so all I have to do is click on the link and it'll pop up in a new tab on Chrome which is my default browser. The last two I just added, one column which displays free codes if you need a code to play so I wont have to waste time looking at the rules for one each time, and the last column displays if I can enter more than once or if there are multiple ways to enter. Whenever I have free time I bring up the spreadsheet and go down the list.
The spreadsheet, always being up on my computer, serves as a reminder AND an organized way to store the info so I can get through my entries faster. This has allowed me to enter consistently over the past few weeks and win more often. I admit, I haven't won anything big.... yet, but I'll give it time. Mainly I've won freebie coupons for products, movie tickets, and my most recent win was a $50 Speaker System. I'm definitely looking forward to future wins.
~
Do you sweep? What's your gameplan/organizational method? Have you had any wins recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment