Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Downy Unstopables Product Review

I, as a member of VocalPoint, got a free full size product to try out--- Downy's new Unstopables. Unstopables is an in-wash scent booster that you add to your washing machine. Inside the container are a bunch of scent beads that will dissolve in your water for a lasting freshness. It's safe for all colors, fabrics, and loads and you can use it with or without fabric softener.
So when it comes to new things I'm not a patient person so I gathered up a small load of towels and clothes and headed to the basement, Unstopables in hand.
I like the product design. The cap comes off easily and is easy to use to shake some of the product into. The lid is easy to open, but also stays shut tightly enough where you wont accidentally spill. I filled the cap maybe halfway since it was a small load of clothes. As you can see below I'm shaking it over the clothes (although in the directions it had you put them in before the clothes... but I don't think this matters.)

So the beads did dissolve and you could smell the scent once you took the clothes out of the wash, but the main question in my mind was could it withstand the dryer? Because fabric softener, for example, always fades while in the dryer. Took them out of the dryer, and YES the scent was still as strong as ever. In fact, I may have added a bit too much for my small load of clothes. Could still smell them in my room when I entered it later on at night.
Do I like the product? Yes.
Does the scent last long? Yes.
Would I buy it again? This would depend on the price in the stores. It's a new product and I haven't seen it in stores yet, so I'm not sure what the price is, but the price definitely would influence whether or not this would be something I purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment