Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

TRESemme Color Revitalize BzzCampaign Review

I'm a BzzAgent, in other words I'm a member of the BzzAgent website. I get to review products on the site from my everyday life and occasionally I get the chance to participate in "campaigns" where I get to try out products for free, review them, tell others what I think, and pass out coupons.
For the past few weeks I've been participating in the TRESemme Color Revitalize campaign. I received two 15 oz bottles of the shampoo and conditioner. I also received quite a few coupons for $1 off the shampoo and conditioner that I can pass out to friends/family/strangers that I think would be interested in the product.
I probably wouldn't have participated in this campaign, but I planned on coloring my hair so I figured this would keep me motivated. So yes, I colored my hair to more of a golden brown color. I was sick of the flat/dull brown my hair turns during winter because I don't spend as much time in the sun. I wasn't patient enough to wait for the summer sun to return my natural high lights to me. And right after I colored my hair I began using the shampoo and conditioner.
Let me first talk about the products before giving you my opinion. The shampoo and conditioner are supposed to prevent hair color wash out and preserve your color for 8x longer. The 32 oz bottles' suggested retail value is $4.49, but I've seen it in stores for around $4.00 even. I didn't see the 15 oz bottles in in Walmart yet, but through google product search they should be around $2.89 in stores.
So I've been using the product for a few weeks now and am quite pleased with the results. I've experienced wash out many times even with other shampoo/conditioner brands that promise to protect color so this is more of a comparison against those brands. I prefer the TRESemme Color Revitalize a whole lot more. I haven't used it for 40 washes yet, but my hair color is still going strong! If I had been using any of the other color protecting shampoos/conditioners that I tried in the past there would definitely be a lot of fade-out/wash-out by now.
Another thing I love, maybe this is just the TRESemme brand in general (I wouldn't know, this is my first TRESemme experience), this shampoo/conditioner leaves my hair incredibly soft which is quite an accomplishment by itself. I live out in a rural countryside area where we use well water and we don't filter it very well. It's full of minerals that basically do a lot of damage to my hair and start to give it a straw like feel overtime. Right now, for example, it's been two days since I've washed my hair and it's still soft! I'm impressed!
So in comparison to other products that promise the same thing I would give TRESemme Color Revitalize 5/5 stars. I really can't wait until I do my hair a wild color (like purple or blue) to see if this helps for those colors as well. That's when I really have problems with wash out, but for natural colors this is really working great. I would definitely buy it again whenever my hair is colored, which it will be a lot from now on (going to be a red-head next I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment