Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Benefits of Going to Auctions

So I'm a movie lover.... or basically a movie addict. I buy a lot of movies, I rent a lot of movies, I watch a lot of movies....
And at a recent auction there were dvds up for bid. I managed to score 46 DVDS for around 40 dollars. They were all in PERFECT condition. (Make sure you check any DVDs or CDs for that matter if you plan on buying some at an auction or a garage sale. Some could be horribly scratched/scuffed up or as was the case when I looked in the cases of some cds at a garage sale... they might not even have the disks in them!!!) A few of the DVDs were still in plastic wrap and had never been opened or watched. So this is one of the cheapest ways to get movies, unless like myself you manage to find a few sites where you can occasionally get them for free which is niiiiiiiiiiice for movie lovers like myself.
Now of course, I'm not going to keep all of them. Some of them I'm not interested in at all so I'll be selling them at our twice yearly garage sales and if they sell I will definitely be earning a profit on them, because many I could probably sell for around 2 or 3 dollars.
Oh, and if you go to garage sales.... for movies or anything make sure you try to bring the price down if they're a bit too high in your opinion. I've found that 8 times out of 10 I can get a person to lower their price on anything. Heck, even a 25 cent reduction is saving money.

No comments:

Post a Comment