Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sometimes...Mistakes are Good

So yesterday I was in a bit of a hurry.... let me say that again just to accent the point-- yesterday I was in a bit of a hurry. I stopped at my college's campus store to pick up some food, beverages and snacks. As I was grabbing the last item, a microwaveable soup, the word "Bugles"caught my eye. And in less than a second I managed to think to myself..."You know... I haven't had Bugles in a long time." Then I grabbed the bag and headed to the front desk to buy the items. I didn't read the bag at all. So I get back to my dorm room and later that night I was starving. Yes, for some reason lately even after eating an entire meal... 2 hours later it's like I never ate. So I grabbed the bag of Bugles to snack on, only to wonder about the color of the bag. It was then that I read it... Bugles Hot Buffalo Flavor. So I'm almost positive you can't return things to the store, so I thought, what the hell I'll try them.
First bite they actually taste a lot like regular Bugles. The Hot Buffalo Flavor comes a few seconds later. Now I don't know if it was because I had just brushed my teeth (yeah, stupid idea), but it was HOT. I couldn't grab my water bottle fast enough. So today, here I sit, munching on them again and this time it's not as bad. The flavor kind of reminds me of Doritoes, except hotter. I can in all honesty say that I never would've bought these at a store to try. I mean, I'm all for trying new things, but sometimes it depends on the wording of the product and flavors. I'm not a huge fan of "hot" snack products.... but these are good. I can't say I'll buy them often, but I may pick them up again sometime. But I'll always make sure to have some cold beverages around to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment