Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Extra Dessert Delights Review

So I've been chewing Extra gum for years. And awhile back I "Liked" their page on facebook, which caused me to learn about their latest flavors--- Dessert Delights. They come in three flavors; Strawberry Shortcake, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Key Lime Pie. The concept and flavors alone made me curious and wanting to try it. It slightly reminded me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... you know the gum that's a whole meal? Well this gum is dessert flavored.
So a week or so ago I was wandering around Target to see what kind of deals there were, and they had three packs of desserts gum on sale (it was like half the price of a 3 pack of the regular Extra gum flavors) so naturally I bought a three pack of each dessert delights gum flavor. And here's my opinion (I'll be chewing on the pieces as I write about them, because you tend to forget exactly what the gum tastes like).

Strawberry Shortcake---It smells great. It actually has a bit of a cake scent to it. Tastewise.... at first it seems like regular old bubble gum. A bit of chewing and you start to get the strawberry/cake flavor going on. It's decent. It seems like something I would chew if I'm trying to stay away from major calorie junk food temptations. Not necessarily something I would use if I wanted fresh breath (that's reserved for the more minty flavors).

Key Lime Pie--- Let me tell you right now that I've never actually had key lime pie the dessert.... so I can't judge whether the gum tastes like it. I eventually plan on having one of my relatives who eats key lime pie try it and give me their opinion. It smells like lime.... it reminds me of the scent of lemon-lime sodas. It kind of has a creamy feel to it when you chew it, which is interesting. I can taste the lime. I think my favorite part of the gum is the feeling of chewing it.... This one is also decent. I'm not sure if it's something I'd go out of my way to buy.

Mint Chocolate Chip---You can definitely smell the mint, and I swear you can slightly smell the chocolate. Now let me tell you that I've tried Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and I absolutely hate it. And the funny thing is.... this is my FAVORITE desserts gum. I LOVE it. You can taste the mint and the slight hint of chocolate. It is just simply amazing. I'm going to eventually try to get my mother to try it because she likes mint chocolate chip ice cream, so I'm curious how a mint chocolate chip ice cream lover will feel about this gum since myself, someone who doesn't like the ice cream, absolutely loves the gum. For the past few weeks I've had it, it's been the one I've been chewing the most often. The flavor lasts a long time, as Extra's Gum tends to do. My favorite gum to chew during college classes. This might even replace my Extra Peppermint gum.

So I encourage you to try some of the flavors if you ever find them on sale or have a coupon, because sometimes you don't really want to spend the full price on something you may not like.

No comments:

Post a Comment