Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Facebook Freebies are the Greatest Thing Since...

Sliced bread?
I can remember back in the day (I can't believe I feel old enough to say that.... I'm only 19 goin' on 20!!!) when the only way I heard about getting free products or samples was through magazines and occasionally a store would be doing a promotion, but that was quite rare.
Now I don't know why this hadn't occurred to me before, but recently with my whole big "You can save money?" awakening after watching TLC's Extreme Couponing, I thought.... why not "Like" some of my favorite brands on facebook and see if they offer coupons there? And not only did I find out that they offer some great coupons.... but a few brands will once in awhile give out samples or a free product. So this has officially become my new favorite thing.
What are some of the issues with this, however? You have to be extremely fast and know where to look. Not even 3o minutes ago there was a free sample promotion on Pantene products.... only 8,000 samples were available. I was of course waiting on the page before it even began so I would be ready. Lucky that I was, because either their time was a bit off or mine is... because 2 minutes before they were scheduled to start, the offer was open. I managed to be one of the first to sign up for it. And in less than 13 minutes, 8,000 samples were gone. My favorite thing to do is to watch the page's number of fans increase by the second. If you're on the page beforehand and you refresh it you can watch the numbers go up. They increase dramatically when the offer begins. If I remember correctly, in the first 2 minutes the page's fan count increased by over 2,000 people. So yeah, these are people who are following multiple freebie pages and learn where to go and when, and you have to be ready... and faster than they are.

What have I got so far from Facebook, after barely starting this, maybe not even a week ago?
2 free Suave full size products
1 cosmetic item, don't remember the brand...
Crystal light sample
Pantene Sample

And in about 2 hours Tide will also be having a sample giveaway. And tomorrow morning (10 minutes before I have class so I have to run if I'm staying for it) Biore is also apparently doing something.

So make sure you stay up to date with these things on Facebook. It's quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment